What does Database Labs do?
Database Labs is a Postgres database as a service, a robust, professional quality database for real-world industrial use. There's more to operating a successful database than just "apt-get install postgres," and most of the work is ongoing.
We make sure backups are always working and restorable. We make sure the latest security patches are applied to both Postgres and the OS. We research and configure sane defaults for the hardware it's on. Our operational staff monitors the database 24/7, and fixes things when they go wrong. You can e-mail or call us anytime of the day or night for support.
You get a hale Postgres server that's ready to go out of the box, so you and your colleagues can spend your time working on your own app rather than on learning to be a database administrator.
What advantages does Database Labs have over other databases-as-a-service?
- We are laser-focused on Postgres. Postgres is all we do.
- No vendor lockin — get your data out at any time. We won't try to hold it hostage.
- Fanatical customer support. Larger companies aren't. To a huge company, you're just a rounding error in a spreadsheet. Our goal is to ensure that you are happy with your database at all times.
- Simple and transparent pricing — one flat rate.
- We run continuous backups with point-in-time recovery.
- 24/7 monitoring of all servers, to stay ahead of problems.
Do my databases run on a dedicated server?
Yes! Your database runs on a dedicated cloud server instance. Nothing else and no other customers share the server. It's dedicated to your database.
Is there an API?
Yes, we provide a full featured REST API for database creation and management. You can also use our interactive web console to manage your databases.
What can I use my database for?
Just about anything. As long as it's legal, it's probably permitted. Check our Terms of Service for the full legal details.
Can I get my data out?
Yes, your data is yours! We are strongly opposed to artificial vendor lock-in tactics. Contact us at email@example.com to arrange a database dump.